Teamcenter’s Supplier Collaboration Framework supports following four use cases:
Design data exchange
- Design data exchange that is integrated with Teamcenter processes.
- Facilitate authorized suppliers to access design data directly from Teamcenter.
Supplier program management
- Initiate data sharing from task workflows.
- Share prerequisite task data with suppliers.
- Collect task deliverables from suppliers.
Direct materials sourcing
- Provide end-to-end integrated sourcing.
- Enable authorized bidders to access product data directly from Teamcenter.
- Provide robust sourcing capabilities.
Supplier substance declarations
- Automate supplier material and substance declaration processes.
- Aggregate material data from suppliers to the product structure.
Siemens also provide a lightweight standalone tool for enabling suppliers to work offline on OEM design packages called Briefcase Browser. Briefcase Browser is an easy to- use tool for suppliers that do not have Teamcenter. The browser can run on a supplier’s desktop and provides the ability to:
- Read a briefcase, including structure, items, attachments and properties.
- Launch the CAD portion of the briefcase to NX™ software or a CAD-neutral JT view.
- Update, or create a new briefcase containing NX files that can be consumed using the OEM’s Teamcenter.